History

st_jerome_in_his_study

History of St. Jerome Catholic Church

 

Founded in June of 1966 in what is now Elks Lodge # 315, St. Jerome Parish began with 135 families; many of whom are still members.  After a year of Masses at R.O. Nelson School, Bishop Russel approved plans for the building of a Church and Parish Center, which was dedicated on September 2, 1968.

 

In 1987, a much needed new Church and renovated parish center was completed.  The Faith and Life Center was built in 2000 to allow the parish to expand its religious education programs, for more youth programs, and to provide needed meeting space for parish and community activities.

 

The same spirituality and welcome present in 1966 in the original 135 families can be found today in our 1500 families.  Reaching out to the community beyond St. Jerome, we have opened our doors and our hearts to many community events and organizations including the YMCA Day Care Program and shelter for the homeless through P.O.R.T.   Our history is but a portal into the vast excitement of what each new day will bring.

 

We thank the following clergy for having shared their many gifts with us over the years.  It is under these shepherds that we came to be the special place we are today:

Rev. Frank Hedrick

Rev. William Dinga

Rev. Mr. Chris Haydinger

Rev. Richard Dollard

Rev. Paul Gaughan

Rev. Mr. Peter Kwon

Rev. Paul Maier

Rev. Michael Bader

Rev. Mr. Joseph Riss

Rev. Fred Heckel

Rev. James Ditty

Sr. Genevieve

Rev. Thomas Mara

Rev. Joseph Majewski

Sr. Mary Albert

Rev. Thomas Miller

Rev. Ven Ilano

Sr. Shawn Marie

Rev. Edward Bobinchoc

Rev. Charles Saglio

Sr. Anne Marie

Rev Merritt Jones

Rev. Henry Diesta

Sr. Claire

Rev. Michael  Gombatz

 

 
Joomla Template: from JoomlaShack
?>?>?>